I made these cookies on St. Patty's day and I forgot to post them. By popular request, here there are!
1 box of yellow extra moist cake mix
1 tsp vanilla
1 stick of butter, melted
1 cup of chocolate chips (or more if you want!)
1/4 cup brown sugar
Green food coloring
Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies
1) Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
2) Mix together the cake mix, eggs, brown sugar, melted butter and vanilla. Stir by hand until the dough forms.
3) Add lots of green food coloring until the dough is the color green you want
4) Stir in the chocolate chips
5) Refrigerate the dough for an hour or so until it is firm and easier to handle
6) Take a small spoonful of dough (maybe about a Tbsp) and roll into a ball and then flatten so you have a disc. Place a Thin Mint cookie on top (it should be about the same size as the flattened dough ball so just a little dough shows. Take the same size amount of dough and repeat and place on top of the Thin Mint cookie.
7) Use your hands to seal the edges of the cookie so the Thin Mint is hidden
8) Bake about 9-10 minutes (they should look a little raw) and take out of the oven
9) Let cookies sit on the baking sheet for 2 minutes
10) Remove the cookies and let cool.
YUM! I brought these cookies to work and everyone loved them!