On a short break between my many video conference calls today, I took 15 minutes to prep the chicken, pop it into the oven, and go back to my conference calls. About an hour and a half later, it was ready!
* A whole chicken I had on hand from my Whole Foods/Amazon Prime delivery this weekend
* Had no onions so normally that would be on the list, but wasn’t
* Had no thyme so normally that would be on the list, but wasn’t
* Yellow potatoes
* Head of Garlic
During that 15 minutes between calls;
* Preheat oven to 425 degrees
* Rinse off the chicken, take out the bag of stuff in the cavity 😳, pat dry with paper towels and tie the legs together
* Peel and cut about 1-2 lbs of carrots and about 2 lbs of potatoes
* Put the carrots and onions into a baking dish with some cooking spray and salt
* Cut a head of garlic into half and put inside the cavity
* Cut a lemon in half and put into the cavity
* Melt butter (about 2 oz) and then brush over chicken
* Salt generously
* Put chicken atop potato/carrot mix
* Pop into oven
Go back to your conference calls and let the smell of amazingness fill your house. About 90 mins later your chicken is ready. Flip it over for about 15 mins to brown the bottom. Or don’t.
Let it cool. Cut (google that) into 8 pieces.